Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 - Off to a Good Start?

I had intended to do a 2013 year in review post the days leading up to New Year's Day.  It didn't happen.  I've always said the irony of blogging is that the more there is to blog about, the less time there is to blog about it.  So, let me just say in case you missed any of my 2013 posts - it was a grand and wonderful year that brought with it the most beautiful day of my life.



Our year ended with a fabulous Christmas in which we spent family time together carolling to friends and neighbors, near and far, and our new year began with meaningful family time spent in reflection and anticipation while playing board games together.


And in case you missed the chance to hear the kids carol, you can view them below!




And then for all of my beginnings of 2014 glory?  Well, the first day went well.  We had meatloaf, cabbage, and black-eyed peas per Southern tradition.

Friday and Saturday were spent at the church for a youth conference.  It certainly "sparked" a fire in my kids and I'm sure in all who attended.  During the course of events, the evangelist and I realized we'd served on a missions trip to Venezuela together twenty years ago.  Neither of us recognized the other, and I wasn't able to place him until I found pictures from the trip.  Then it all came back to me.  Though I am the short one in the clown suit, I distinctly remember Josh as being the "class clown" of the trip.


 Efforts were under way to start back on a structured, daily Bible reading plan; my Facebook fast; meal and bedtime devotions with the family; as well as my no sugar or white carbs; water only; and daily exercise health kick, but then on day five my plans took a dive - the flu hit.  Or what I'm guessing is the flu.  Fever, chills, aches and pains, tummy aches, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, and fatigue have bamboozled my first full week of the new year.  I've missed an entire week of work and all of my "resolutions" (or goals as I prefer to call them) have gone down the drain.  But thank God, I'm on the mend, and each new day brings the hope of a new start.

God has given me two scriptures to focus on this New Year, and I look forward to sharing them with you in my next post.  For now, I need another nap.

2 comments:

  1. So where is that next post and the verses?? :)

    Hope you are back to yourself now!

    Love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.
    HD Wallpapers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!