Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Guest List

Perhaps the most stressful part of planning our wedding day has been the guest list.  There are so many people that have made a difference in our lives over the years and it has been our desire to include them all.

We mailed out invitations several weeks ago and have spoken to many others directly.  Our purpose has not been to see how many people we could have in attendance, but to share our joy with those we love.

Responses to our invitations have varied greatly from: 1. I wouldn't miss it for the world.  2.  I have other plans that weekend.  3.  I'll have to wait and see.



I am okay with each response.  Ultimately this vow renewal ceremony is for our family.  We are excited to re-dedicate our family to God as we announce to those who will share in our celebration of all that God has brought us through and done for us over the past sixteen years.  It is each individual to whom an invitation has been extended to choose if this is something they wish to be a part of or not.

God has sent out an invitation too.  He sent His only Son, Jesus, into the world for all who would believe to one day join in the party of Heaven.  But each person must choose for himself whether to accept it or not.

Jesus said, "Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

Many openly respond, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."  Others, outright refuse.  Still more say, "I'll have to wait and see."

Jesus says in Matthew 22:14 that "many are invited".  He wants to share in the celebration of Heaven with everyone.  He extended this gracious invitation at the cross by the shedding of His blood.  But the final decision lies with you.  Have you accepted His eternal invitation?





1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!