Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Final Days...

We are just three days away from our wedding.  It is a day that I have been waiting for since I was a little girl.  Everything is coming together just as I always dreamed.  And if the rain holds off, it'll be the grand and wonderful day I've always hoped for.

Having been a wife for sixteen years but being a first time "bride" has given me a different perspective during this journey.  It has given me a deeper understanding of Christ as our bridegroom and how marriage is meant to represent the relationship between Christ and the Church.  In these last few days, however, God's showing me something else.

Over the past couple of weeks, Tommy and I have spent more time together discussing our marriage, our relationship, where we've been and where we're going.  We have enjoyed reading through The Love Dare nightly for the 40 days leading up to our ceremony.  I have amped up my work-outs, drank more water and less coffee.  I have purchased and began using new whitening toothpaste, new make-up, and new facial cleanser.  I even got my ears pierced.  Last weekend we did last minute alterations to my dress and have had it laid out to "air out" so that it looks and smells fabulous.  And today, I am wearing the "shoes" that I'll wear on the big day in order to break them in a bit.

All in preparation to meet my groom at the altar.  I hope to present myself to him as the most beautiful I have ever been.  I hope that I am everything he has envisioned.  I hope that I "wow" him.

As believers we should be just as eager to prepare ourselves for the day when Christ, the bridegroom, will rapture the Church, his bride.  We should exercise our faith, grow closer to Him in prayer and Bible study, and pay careful attention to what we allow to go in and come out of us.  We should be preparing ourselves so that we may present ourselves before Him without blemish.

Revelation 19:7 says, "  Let us be glad and rejoice,

    and let us give honor to him.
For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb,
    and his bride has prepared herself."



As I consider that passage and the plans and details I have worked toward for our reception, I become all the more excited as I anticipate the wedding feast of the Lamb.  What a cake that will be!

How about you?  Are you preparing yourself daily to present yourself before Christ at His return?  If not, what can you do so that on that day you will be spotless, faultless, and without blemish?

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!