Friday, November 1, 2013

Love Believes All Things

We are just fifteen days away from our renewal ceremony which puts us on day 25 of The Love Dare.

As we have gone through this book together one thing that has stood out to me is the fact that every time and to everyone that you say the words, "I love you", you are actually making the promise to that person to be all the things that love is: patient, kind, longsuffering, bearing all things, hoping all things, enduring all things, and never failing them.  What a commitment to live up too.  It should make you think twice before so carelessly letting those words pass through your lips.

All of the details of the wedding have been put together.  We worked with the florist this week to get the exact shades of roses that I've dreamed of for the wedding.  Complete with one which is called "Angel's Love" which I found as ironic since Tommy always refers to me as his angel.  <insert dreamy sigh>

Tommy and the kids worked together last weekend to build an altar for our ceremony.  I can't express how special this is to me as it is something I'd had in mind since we had started making plans for the ceremony but had not shared with Tommy until, well, last weekend.  He understood my vision exactly and transformed some old wood from our house into the piece I'd dreamed of.  After the ceremony is will be brought home and proudly displayed in our living room as a constant reminder of the faith our family is built upon.


We have this weekend and next to finish up the details and then the next will bring the day we have waited for all year.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh, and if you haven't checked it out yet, our "back story" can be found on our wedding page at:  www.weddingwire.com/sivilsandgold .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!