Monday, October 14, 2013

Love, Love, Love

Day's six and seven of The Love Dare are "Love is not Irritable" and "Love Believes the Best".

Wow, do I ever fall short on loving when it comes to irritability.  Sleep deprivation, hunger, and monthly cycles seem to bring out the worst in me.  I tend to lash out at those to whom I'm closest.  The first couple of days in this study, and I was thinking, "Gee, I'm pretty good at this business of love," but then they pull out the big guns and I realize how much work I have to do.  Proverbs 16:32 says, "Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.  Lord, strengthen me to love better by not letting my feathers get ruffled as easily.

Love always believes the best is easier for me.  I tend to consider all of the things that Tommy does that makes me still smitten after all these years rather than the million and one reasons he irritates the daylights out of me.  Focusing on the positive more than the negative creates a deeper love between us.  All of his annoyances aside, he is the greatest man alive and was made just for me.  Why would I not choose to think about that instead of his limited flaws.  (We won't talk about my many flaws... just glad Tommy chooses to overlook them usually too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!