Friday, October 11, 2013

Love is Thoughtful

Day four of The Love Dare is about the thoughtfulness of love.  It's getting your spouse a cup of coffee in the morning or fixing his favorite meal for supper.  One of the things that I do yearly for Tommy as act of love and being thoughtful is to stack up on his favorite candy - chocolate covered cherries - during the Christmas season.  As soon as they start putting them on the shelves, I buy a box or two each time I shop until the store empties out of them again.  It's small, but it says, "I love you and thought of you today."  Roses for me from Tommy seem to have the same effect.

How precious to me are your thoughts, God!  How vast is the sum of them!  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand - when I awake, I am still with you.  Psalm 139:17-18

Yesterday was a fun day.  We had our cake tasting.  Our cake is being prepared by the good folks at Cake Etc. in Brookhaven.  If the actual wedding cake is half as good as the scrumptious treat we had yesterday, I will be beyond pleased!  We taste tested white wedding, white chocolate, champagne, almond, and red velvet.  There were two that we had a hard time choosing between and finally voted with one winning by a small margin.  (Nope, I'm not going to tell you!)  The kids are having a great time helping to plan and especially didn't mind this part of the chore list.  My mom went with us too, making the day even more special!  



Tommy cleaned his plate!
After the tasting, the boys and girls split ways.  The boys went home for a pizza night while we ladies went to the mall and had a make-up consultation.  Estee Lauder is having their yearly special where you get goodies if you spend a certain amount of money.  I racked up on the goodies!  And being breast cancer awareness month, there were delightful hostesses walking through the store with appetizers and drinks.  It added to the specialness of the day.  But now absolutely no more treats for me until the big day!

Come back by tomorrow and I'll share day 5 of The Love Dare and show you some goodies I got in the mail today!!!

36 days to go!!!!!



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!