Sunday, October 20, 2013

"It's no wonder with all this wedding non-sense.."

Today I am experiencing a total burn out from the previous few weeks running around.  I am wiped out and have only left my bed twice today - both times to go to the bathroom.  No worries - I'm sure I'll be my usual bouncy self once I've rested a bit.

Friday evening I had the pure joy and honor of accompanying my mom to purchase her mother of the bride outfit.  It was one of those experiences that will bring a smile to my face with each memory of it.  When she tried it on, tears came to my eyes.  She looked stunning.  I can't wait for her to wow for our ceremony.

 Then yesterday she accompanied me as...(drumroll please).... I got my ear pierced.  (Yes, the woman at the jewelry counter admitted that I'm the oldest person whose ears she has ever pierced.)

When I was in high school, my earring got caught in the sleeve of a sweater and ripped my lobe.  I loved my earrings like I loved my lipstick back in that day.  It was quite dis-heartening.  So twenty years later, someone finally had the idea to make strips for folks that have a ripped lobe to enable them to wear earrings in the torn ear, so I had to have my other ear pierced to wear the earrings my sweet mother had purchased for me for the wedding.

Days 12 and 13 of The Love Dare are: "Love lets the other win" and "Love fights fair".  Tommy and I cracked up at the title of Day 12 and thought for sure we'd finally found the topic we'd struggle with most - we are both highly competitive!  However, it wasn't about drive-way basketball games, but rather sometimes to win a disagreement, you have to agree to disagree and move on.  "Love fights fair" means that you don't bring up past arguments, you don't say things you don't mean, you don't get physical.  You don't compromise love to come out ahead.

I have updated our "wedding website" with all of the details of how we met, our first wedding, and what's brought us to wear we are now.  You can view it at: www.weddingwire.com/sivilsandgold .  Be sure to sign the guestbook and RSVP if you'll be attending the ceremony.

That's it for now folks.  I'm going to go get some more rest where I can start all over on the general busyness of life again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!