Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Greet With a Kiss

Now that, I can do!

Day 9 of The Love Dare is "Love Makes Good Impressions".   The focal verse is from 1 Peter 5:14.  It says, "Greet one another with a kiss of love."

Tommy calls me on his lunch break and as he leaves work each day.  When I answer the phone, his greeting is always the same, "Hi, beautiful."  It makes me look forward to his calls.  If instead of such a lovely greeting, I was bombarded with all of the trials of his day, I'd be much less receptive.

The same is true when he walks through the door daily.  I always meet him with a hug and/or a kiss.  (Or on days like yesterday, I stand on the sidewalk in front of the house bouncing up and down like a three year old as he turns into the driveway.)  It's that excitement that makes him ready to come home.  If instead he was greeted with all of the horrible things the kids had put me through during the day, he'd dread coming home.

Greeting's are important.  They are an insight into what is to come.  A cheerful greeting can warm the coldest heart.  Whether you are greeting your spouse, your neighbor, your children, or a stranger on the streets, a friendly greeting goes a long way to convey God's love.

Our celebration of love ceremony is exactly one month from today!!!!  Details are becoming more complete daily.  I can't wait to say "I still do" to my wonderful husband.

1 comment:

  1. I still do and always will look forward to coming home to you!!! You are the love of my life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!