Tuesday, October 15, 2013

32 Days 5 Hours 5 Minutes

Most of the details of planning our wedding are moving right along.  We have had SEVERAL bumps in the road but nothing too big for our Almighty God.  We have also made a few adjustments to give our beautiful children more of a role in the celebrations and are so excited about how that is coming along!!  

We are on Day 8 of The Love Dare and our fast.  The Love Dare has highlighted many areas that I need to improve in that I was not aware of prior to beginning this journey.  I'm thankful for God (and Tommy's) patience with me.  I'm a mess!  



Day 8 is titled "Love is not Jealous".  

"Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave.  It burns like blazing fire."  Song of Solomon 8:6

The author points out that there are two forms of jealousy:  1. Legitimate jealousy based on love, 2. Illegitimate jealousy based on envy.  Legitimate jealousy says, "Hey, that is mine.  Back off, bud!"  Illegitimate jealousy, on the other hand, forms out of our own selfish desires. 

This is another area that Tommy and I do not seem to have trouble with.  We both genuinely support and wish for each other's success in all avenues of life.  We are each other's number one fan and biggest cheerleader, motivator, and supporter.  When he wins, I win and vice-versa.    

The countdown continues.  Thanks for being part of the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Your closer to perfect than anyone i know!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!