Sunday, April 29, 2012

Boon's Sunday Sermon #33 - I'm Not Who I Was


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  
2 Corinthians 5:17 







I have recently become a fan of caterpillars.  They remind me of myself.


I often judge myself by the world's standards and what I see is a worm - a lowly, disgusting, crawling on my belly worm.  Praise God though because He has higher ideas of who I am.  He knows where I've been but sees where I'm going.

He says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  (Jeremiah 29:11)

Because of His great love for me, He isn't willing to let me stay a caterpillar.  He grows me daily as I spend time in prayer and in His word seeking Him.  And as I grow eventually I will metamorphosize.  The time will come when I no longer view myself as a caterpillar but a butterfly.

Philippians 1:6 assures us:  "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I'm a work in process.  I'm not where I will be, but praise God, I'm not where I was.  

The same is true for you!


Have a blessed week, furiends!



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a great message, Boon! Thank you!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y'all,

    Stoppin' to say "hello" and see how y'all are doing.

    Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Thank you for this message! My body is still on Kauai time and I missed church today but am blessed to have read this. Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is something I needed to hear today, which you often have the knack of doing! I love those pictures today too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Boondocks - beautiful thoughts. And oh that pic of the butterfly on your nose is beyond priceless.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another good message that I need to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good message. True words.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic blog! Just what God is showing me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are on our way... to becoming something else.... God is so good!!! Great sermon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!