Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not Such Baby Steps

When I began this journey less than two weeks ago, I said I was going to start small in hopes of making lasting progress.  My intentions were to: 1. No more soft drinks.  2.  Exercise.  3.  Eat better - no more white food.  4. Take vitamins.

Instead of easing in to my small changes, I hit them all head on at the same time.  Well, I did have about a ten day head start on the soda's, but that's it.  I began exercising Monday, January 9.  Tuesday, January 10th I began eliminating all white from my diet and sticking to a less than 1300 calories a day food plan.  Wednesday, January 11th, I started taking a women's multi-vitamin and fish oil.

Ten days later.  I feel fabulous and have lost over six pounds.  The usual aches and fatigue associated with Fibromylagia have not plagued me in the same way the did prior to ten days ago.

I have been doing Yoga courtesy of Wii Fitness, and yesterday was able to stretch easily into a "warrior pose" while photographing dogs for BARL to achieve the perfect shot of the dogs in action.  I also have been doing the step walk on Wii as well as walking my dogs and kids all over our neighborhood.  As a result I was also able to run while playing with the dogs.  I never thought I'd be able to run again.  Granted, it wasn't far or for long, but I did it - and it FELT GREAT!

I can tell a difference in the way my clothes fit and see a difference in the shape of my face.  Ten days and six pounds have left me feeling encouraged and empowered!!

God is my strength and deliverer and with Him all things are possible!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing such a good job. I know that God is giving you strength and grace... and I am blessed to see how committed you are to feeling better and being healthier. I am proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Good for you!! Keep at it and know that I'm here on the sidelines cheering you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER!!! I LOVE YOU AND PRAY THAT YOU KEEP MAKING IMPROVEMENTS THAT HELP YOU FEEL HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER!!!

    Love,
    Southern Jewel and a little from Rosebud, but mainly Southern Jewel. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!