Friday, December 9, 2011

Icing on the Cake



When I was a child, I hated having a December birthday.  I felt like all of the celebrations were saved until the end of the year and nothing exciting happened for the other eleven months.  As an adult and as someone who loves Christmas time, my opinion has been greatly altered!

Yesterday was my 35th birthday.  I get so excited now days celebrating my birthday during my favorite time of the year.  It is icing on the cake!  Our day started without any big plans other than to take my husband for a check-up, but when the doctor cancelled, we went into high speed to plan a great day.

I have always wanted to visit Canton during Christmas but had never had the opportunity.  It is a fabulous town a couple of hours away.  We quickly decided that is how we wanted to spend the day, and off we went.  The entire town square is transformed into 1950's Christmas village.  It was spectacular!  The pictures can speak for themselves.












The day ended by eating at my favorite food place.. Raising Canes.  We don't have any close by so I love eating there when we have the chance.  Best chicken ever and what could be better than a "dog" ambiance!
It was a fabulous day!




The only thing missing from the day was the company of my crazy canines!



16 comments:

  1. A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love the town and it surely sends out the Christmas Spirit.

    My own BD is in June. I always hated that I could never bring treats to school. (That was before the days when there was such a thing as an unbirthday celebration.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Trip looks fun.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BE-LATED BIRFDAY.

    CAKE????
    ICING????? COUNT ME IN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics!! Hope you had a very happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated wishes for a very happy birthday! What a fun day you and your beautiful family had!

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happee Birthday...Great pictures
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making Memories.

    The Stuff that Life is Made of:)

    Happy Belated Birthday. My mom says you are still a youngster:)

    Favorite photo is THE KISS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday.
    That was a fun outing with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday greetings! Looks like you had a fabulous day. I empathize about December bdays (mine is Dec 27).

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy birthday to you and what a wonderful day you had with your family. What fantastic memories to have and capture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do chickens really have fingers? Woo.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday to you. It sounds like the Lord blessed your day with everything that would make your heart sing. My youngest daughter was born on Christmas day and we always made sure she celebrated it so she didn't feel left out.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen & Reggie-dog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy belated birthday!!!

    Your photos were just fantastic and I am so happy that you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big belated happy birthday to you! Looks like you had a truly awesome day. That town looks amazing. What a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had such a fun birthday!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug and the mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!