Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boon's Sunday Sermon - #3


Ohno is the most loyal, faithful dog I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He is always in my shadow. He is my most constant companion. At this very moment - and any other - he is laying on my lap. (Not to be outdone by Boondocks who is laying on the couch next to me.)



While Ohno is a wonderful pet, he definitely has his share of personality quirks. Ohno is extremely shy and very nervous around anyone that does not live in our home. He will never be able to join the rest of our pets as a "therapy dog". Even folks who visit our home regularly are an immediate threat to Ohno and his family whom he loves so dearly. He greets them with a a series of constant, yappy barks and refuses to go near them. Some have even offered treats to win his affections. His favors cannot be bought.



My husband's dog, Scarlet, is very different from Ohno. She is a Golden Retriever. She is beautiful and well trained. Quite frankly, she is everything that any pet owner would want their dog to be. Scarlet greets people with enthusiasm, begging that they pet her and offer her a moment's attention. She obeys my husband's every command.

Of the two dogs, Ohno is my preference... personality quirks and all. Not because he is perfect, but because he is MINE.



I imagine that is how God feels about us too. He realizes that we have yet to attain all that we could be, but He loves us. He showers us with patience and love for no other reason than WE ARE HIS!


I feel so blessed to be a child of the Most High King.... A ’pet’ that He loves and who remains in His affections even when I am less than who He made me to be.

Isaiah 43:1 - But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

Can you rest in the certainty that you too are loved not because you are perfect, but because you are HIS?



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Amen!!! I love reading your Sunday Sermons!!!!!

    Shining Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to wish you a wonderful holiday weekend! :)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post....thank you for giving us this thought to take us through another week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy LABradOR Day!
    Licks and sniffs,
    Zack, Sassy and Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely post.

    (Are you sure Ohno isn't part cat? Sounds just like my cat. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

    My site:
    dsl anbieter vergleich dslvergleichdsl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a thoughtful post. And may I add...I just love the name "Ohno." Great name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just stopped by to let you know that we came across the Prom event that has been the talk of bloggie land. Congratulations for a job well done. We do hope to attend the next one. (soon we hope!)

    We also started to follow your blog. We hope that we also be friends here and share adventures together. We are trying to post more though Piappies Mom is busy with w-o-r-k. She promises to be more active in keeping our posts updated. Do visit us soon.

    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful wisdom with us!! We also think the name OHNO is cute!!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quirky dogs are the best dogs, and Ohno sounds like an awesome little dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!