Saturday, May 7, 2011

What's in a Name?

I am beginning to get the distinct impression that most folks consider "Boondocks" an unusual name for a pup.  But for a simple, country boy such as myself, I really can't think of anything I'd rather be called.

My full name is "Southern Jewel's K-Love ND Boondocks".  Yep, it's a long story, but here's the short version.  My human's oldest daughter's name is Dacey Jade which means "southern jewel" - so the first part of my moniker honors her.  On the way home from picking me up, my family listened to K-LOVE the whole way.  And then I live in the Boondocks.  So I guess that one kind of speaks for itself, huh? 


I like that my name is different.  What fun is it when you're in a room full of dogs and they are all named Max, Rex, or Sam.  That just gets confusing, Dawg!

I'm linking up with my first Saturday Pet Blog Hop.  I hope you'll join in the fun too!


7 comments:

  1. Hey Boondocks, thanks for visiting us in our cat-infested flyball land. Sounds like your people put a lot of thought into your name.
    I'm following you back now, and off to enjoy the rest of the blog hopping weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y'all,

    Thanks for sharing how you got named. I love the name "Boondocks"...makes me think of a shore place with lots of water, well away from civilization. Perfect for a retriever!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    P.S. So glad y'all joined us in the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your name, Boondocks! It's definitely different & unusual but it's nice! It sounds so very male. Too many dogs are named the same names these days. Like for example over here in Malaysia, there are a lot of dogs named Happy, Mimi & Baby. I don't know what it is but many people over here love naming their dogs with the "eee-eee" sounds.

    So anyway, I think Boondocks is a cool name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Boondocks is one one the COOLEST names I've ever heard. I think I'll suggest to my daughter that she names her next baby Boondocks. How cool would that be? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a neat name! Definitely unique. I found you on the blog hop - for me, the Saturday pet blog hop sometimes hops into Sunday! I'll be back to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Boondocks, we love your name. We stopped by to say hi and to thank you for visiting our blog. You are a very handsome pup!!! Do you have some nicknames too?

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boondocks is a very cool name!

    Thor and Jack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!