Tuesday, May 17, 2011

At the Lake

Sunday my family and I went to the lake.  It was fun, I guess.  I prefer the air condition to heat and the shade to direct sunlight.   From what I've been told that isn't typical for a Golden Retriever, but then again, I'm not a typical Golden Retriever.

Mom's bed is so much more comfortable than this concrete!

Scarlet had fun playing frisbee with Dad.  She's such a show off.

I did not enjoy my mud bath nearly as much as Scarlet - she couldn't get enough of the stuff!

We saw several odd critters, but I wasn't allowed to chew on any of them.

Scarlet went for a swim and came out of the water shaking on me!  The nerve!!!

She played frisbee in the lake too.

I preferred watching from the bank.

My smallest human even learned a thing or two from observing Scarlet's theatrics:
All in all it was a good day!

AROOOF!
Boondocks

9 comments:

  1. LOL!! Your smallest person is so cute!!! Who's dog is his???

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope you don't seem typical to me but thats what makes you special!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes ! getting wet - that is worse then worse then - I can't think of what it is worse then - I would rather go to the vets then get wet!!!! Love that pic of you jumping when Scarlet shook water on you - you look like a spring lamb bouncing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Y'all,

    Oh my, you had a chance to, your humans would let you, go in the lake and you didn't?! And here I am longing to go in and my Human won't let me 'cause of the 'gators!

    Maybe Scarlet will teach you some common sense...like go swimming ANY time you can!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like fun. I have not had a chance to go swimming yet. But I do know what a frisbee is!!!

    Puppy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  6. We prefer the A/C too but we love the mud & water just as much! You should have totally gone into the water. It is a lot of fun! Trust me. Good to know you had a good time.

    BTW, your little human pup is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, getting wet is AWESOME!! You really should try it! :)

    Happy Wednesday woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!