Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This is the Stuff

Last Monday evening as my husband and  I waited in an after hours emergency clinic with our four year old son who was running a fever of a hundred and four, a friend called.  Upon informing her of our whereabouts, she replied, "God is really building character in you, huh?"  I laughed and asked her if she was for real - since I already ooze with character

But one would have to wonder....

Our year started with my mom's neurologist admitting her to the hospital because an MRI had shown swelling on the lining of her brain and a mass that appeared tumorous.  Once admitted and retested our suspicions were confirmed:  there was nothing up there!  (I'd been telling her that since my teen years.)  Truth is:  God had performed a miracle and Momma was healed!! 

Within a couple of weeks of returning home from my stay with her, I began experiencing a debilitating pain in my lower back that rendered me unable to walk for weeks.  After seeing my doctor and beginning a new medication regimen, I was well again. 

But then...  Connor broke his leg.

And then... my husband reinjured his shoulder (that he's already had surgery on twice) at work.

And now... Connor was running a fever of 104. 

Would it ever end?

I told a friend in conversation yesterday, "It's always something.  It's just always something different."

The circumstances in my life remind me of Francesca Battistelli's newest, catchy lil diddy, "This is the Stuff".  Have you heard it?  The lyrics say:

"This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use."
God is always at work in our lives.  We may not understand His methods but must remember that He is working things together for our good (Romans 8:28). 

We are told in 1st Peter, "In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

God is still doing a work in my life that will not be completed until Jesus returns.  Praise Him cause He ain't finished with me yet, and this side of Heaven, He never will be! 



2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!!! We have a tendency to forget that God is still in control.... even in the midst of the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen indeed! What a start to your year! What month is it again? ;). Knowing He is in control gives me peace. It comforts me to know that He has a plan in "all the stuff!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!