Friday, December 31, 2010

CHRISTmas at Disney

Ok, so it wasn't Christmas day at Disney, but it was CHRISTmas at Disney none the less.

CHRISTmas being my most favorite time of the year and Disney being my favorite place on earth, I had always wanted to see the World decked out in CHRISTmas best. I wasn't disappointed.

Disney's 2010 theme is "What Will You Celebrate?" and we had a lot of celebrating to do: the birth of JESUS our Savior!!, my mom joined us on our trip which made it so much more special to me, my beautiful family, and while we were there my oldest son turned ten.




Our first day we spent a couple of hours in Magic Kingdom. As we entered the park we were welcomed by the "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it" parade. It was a great way to begin our vacation. From there we saw the Mickey's Dreams Come True live show, ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's, and rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. We ended our first day visit to Magic Kingdom at Chapeau Hat Shoppe to let the kids get "mouse ears".
After visiting our resort for a bit, we headed to our favorite Disney restaurant, 'Ohanas. We were thrilled to once again be seated just before the fireworks over Cinderella's Castle with a wonderful view from our table. It was a great first day!

Epcot was a lot of fun. Test Track and Soarin' are among our favorite rides. We had a character meal at The Garden Grill with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. The kids also got to meet Marie, Duffy the Disney Bear, and PaPa Noel. Meeting Duffy was a highlight. We'd gotten the kids all stuffed Disney bears a couple of years ago. He was already special to our family before being added as an actual character. Dacey especially enjoyed meeting Marie. She knows well the feeling of being an only girl surrounded by brothers who constantly tell her, "you're not a lady, you're nothing but a sister!".





We had planned to see the Candlelight Processional featuring one of our favorite singer's, Stephen Curtis Chapman, but the weather did not cooperate. The temperature dropped so drastically that it was too cold to wait it out. A good time was still had by all!
For Jaden's tenth birthday we wondered back into Magic Kingdom - and may I say - it was magical indeed! While the big kids headed straight for Space Mountain with Tommy, Connor and I headed to Dumbo. It was the ride Connor had most looked forward to and by the time we got off, his dad and siblings were in line for it. Connor hopped back in line with them and got to ride it twice! Mickey's Philharmagic was a favorite again, but the kids and their dad most loved the roller coasters. Nana and I took advantage of those opportunities to watch shows and parades. My old bones just weren't up for all that madness! lol Jaden proudly wore his "It's my birthday" button and was wished a happy day by so many characters and cast. He did become embarrassed a couple of times - like when the employees of Pinocchio's Village Haus surrounded him and sang. It was golden! A wonderful part of the day came when we found ourselves standing in front of Cinderella's castle just in time for Cinderella's Holiday Wish show. We had no idea what was about to happen, but had "the best seats in the house" for the lighting of the castle. It was spectacular!


We ate supper at Jaden's favorite WDW restaurant - Whispering Canyon Cafe and then returned to our room for him to open presents. I hope and pray that the memories Jaden made on his tenth birthday will last the rest of his life.
We took the next day a bit more slowly in an effort to rest up from our previous day and to prepare for the rest of the night. A surprise for the kids during our trip was tickets to Mickey's Very Merry CHRISTmas party. We headed to Wolfgang Puck at Downtown Disney for an early supper and then back to Magic Kingdom to par-tay! For a CHRISTmas and Disney lover such as myself it was truly extraordinary! From the special CHRISTmas parade to the special showing of the CHRISTmas fireworks version of WISHES it was a joyful celebration fit for the King of kings!



Our fabulous finale came Friday at Hollywood Studios. While I preferred the more tame "Toy Story Mania" ride, the kids and Tommy had a blast on Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. At one point in the day Connor took the map and showed us how to get back to Tower of Terror hoping to ride it for a third time! The child is fearless. Momma and I watched Beauty and the Beast while the kids rode Tower of Terror and took Connor to see Playhouse Disney Live while the big kids rode RR (Connor was too short to ride it). We were thrilled with our choice!





One of the highlights of the entire trip was when Connor finally got to meet his hero: Woody. Being informed that Connor was his biggest fan, Woody went to extremes to show our little guy a big time. Visiting Mater and Lightening McQueen was also a crowd pleaser with our group.



We ended the night with a viewing of Fantasmic followed by a late supper at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Fantasmic was nothing short of "fantabulous"! And supper was "grand".

The whole week was a fun filled celebration of our family and our love for Jesus. We made so many memories in everything that we did each day. I am so thankful that God gave us the opportunity to spend such a wonderful week together. He is GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. He is good! All the time!!! It was the trip of a lifetime for me... magical... and most memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to see Disney at Christmas time. So glad you guys had a great time!

    Blessings to you my friend! It's great to see a blog post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parent's, myself, my sister-in-law, my brother, my niece, my nephew, and I think my sister are headed to Disney World in February!

    Blessings,

    Amy W.

    http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!