Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Lord's Lullabye

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17


(This verse has been on my heart this morning. I wrote about it a few years back but needed to be reminded of the message. I hope it speaks to your heart as it has mine.)

A few nights ago after having lulled Connor to sleep I was flipping through my Bible when I came across this verse. It has long been a favorite of mine, but I guess because of this season in my life it had new meaning to me.

As I read it I pictured myself a baby in God's arms. He rocked me back and forth gently patting my back to quiet me. As He did this He sang a lullaby to sooth my soul. He says, "Child, you are mine! I have called you by name." (Isaiah 43:1.)

How great is the love of God for us. He is ready every moment of each day to let us climb up on His lap to be comforted by His love. He is truly my Abba Father.


As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...
Isaiah 66:13

From Mama's Musing archives. Originally published 10-06.

For more Word Filled Wednesday visit The 160 Acre Woods.

7 comments:

  1. Amen my friend! I'm so glad He has such great love for us. I'm not sure what I would do without it. Thanks for that wonderful reminder today. Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it the first time and loving it now!!! I like the way you think and the way God speaks through you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how sweeeeeeeeettt this is so yummy! I did a pic of my son sleeping last year to this verse too! thanks for the wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, saw the comment..now go look one post before that one!!

    Love ya chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and scripture, yes, it speaks to my heart, thank you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over from the Blog Hop to say Happy 4th of July from The Giveaway Gallery and Beauty Blogging Mom!
    http://thegiveawaygallery.com
    http://beautybloggingmom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!