Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Would if I Could


For the past several months since my husband's shoulder surgery, he has stayed in a constant state of excruciating pain. It has hurt me to watch him suffer. Last night I told him something I've said to him and our children hundred of times before when they've been sick or hurt, "If I could take your pain, I would." Even though I know it is a physical impossibility, I would if I could.

As I made that statement to my husband the realization burned in my heart that that is just what Jesus did on the cross. He wasn't limited by human restrictions. He was God and He became what we were so that we could be born again. He took our pain, our hurts, our sickness, and our sin. He became those things on the cross. There was no, "I would if I could," but rather an, "I can so I will."

And the greatest act of love was made.

2 Corinthians 5:21 - God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Thank you, Jesus, for loving me that much!

6 comments:

  1. Amen sweetie. Praying for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely blessed by this reminder today...He was touched by the feeling of our infirmities...he was bruised for our transgressions and even while we were yet sinners CHRIST died for us. He loves us and gave all He had...so that we could be reconciled with the FATHER! What a gift, what a joy divine! :)

    Thank you so much for listening to that Still Small Voice! And then sharing it with us...

    Prayers for you all today!

    Much love my friend,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your husband!

    Thank you for the vivid reminder of how much Jesus loved us enough to die for us! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this reminder of
    how our sweet saviour gave his live for us.
    Praying for your husband.
    Hugs and blessings to you dear friend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet reminder...

    Thanks for the visit today. The kids were so sweet to wish me "Happy Mother's Day". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delighted to meet you and splash around on your blog. Thank you for sharing your life, your real life, and your sweet fragrance of our Lord. I'll be back.

    Blessings from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!