Skip to main content

Who are these people and why are they calling me MOMMA??

I am so thankful for my CHILDREN! Yes, they have been known to drive me nuts... especially since their father has returned to work or so it seems. But I love each one of them so much more than I could have ever imagined before becoming a mommy.

I love my kiddos for their individuality and uniqueness. I love their quirks and smirks, their humor and wit. I love their passion to follow Christ and to "do the right thing"! I love the relationship that they have with each other (at least most of the time). I love their eagerness to help someone in need.

I am blessed with GREAT children, but sometimes I forget just how great they really are.

I am most likely to forget when I'm fighting them to finish school, do their chores, practice their instruments, clean their bedrooms, stop fighting, stop nagging. I'm likely to forget when Connor is in the throws of a typical two year olds temper tantrum or has thrown something that is not suppose to go into the commode in the commode for the hundredth time in one day.

Even though I do get worn out from the everyday occurrences of things that go along with "kids being kids", I also continually stand in awe of the blessing these little folks are to me.

Here are a few reasons they bless my socks off:

I blogged earlier this week about Dacey reminding me that I am God's and He thinks I'm wonderful. And yesterday she left a note on my computer. It said, "Momma, I know what God wants me to be. He wants me to be a missionary, so that is what I'll do." At ten years old my daughter is passionate about missions!

Another day Jaden walked up and said, "Mom, do you know that love is a powerful word?" He continued, "But Jesus is the most powerful word." I loved hearing that from my son who so loves pretending he is a superhero defeating evil. He knows the source of the ultimate power!!

And then my precious Isaac. Isaac started reading this week and has hit the ground running. He is so excited and motivated. His enthusiasm is contagious. I'm so proud of that boy I could bust. If there is a better feeling for a homeschool mom than to watch your child read for the first time, I don't know it!

And who could forget about Connor? NO ONE! He won't let you. lol If you saw the pictures that I posted yesterday, you realize that he is ALL BOY and THEN SOME! He keeps us hopping to say the least. But he is such a joy. His bedtime routine is too precious. Since I stopped nursing him, his daddy puts him to bed each night. He comes over and kisses me. I say, "Goodnight." He says, "Bye." I grin, "Goodnight, Connor." He shouts, "BYE!" "Bye, Connor." And then he is off to bed. I hope he doesn't outgrow that for a while... it always makes my heart smile. Connor also gives the best hugs and snuggles.

Yep, I'm hopelessly in love with my children. And yes, I am so very thankful that God chose me to be their mom!!

For more THANKFUL THURSDAY visit: Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

Comments

  1. Me too! I am so thankful for my not so little anymore, blessings...both of them!

    S told the church last night that God saved him...I brought my cell phone in to record it but he said it so fast it was over before I could get it! LOL! I had it ready...but he was done before record was pressed good! LOL! He was red eyed by the time he was done! Isn't that AWESOME and AMAZING!! Oh how sweet the Savior is!! How sweet!

    My m recommended a Bible study she is doing for school...she said you know mom you said you want to be a better wife...you should do this bible study..>I know I'm not married but its been really good!

    Oh how my heart melts...

    Oh and M said she believes God wants her to be a missionary too...we are praying that God will reveal His will, His way...and make that path plain and clear for her to walk in it! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the condition of the United States, perhaps your children will be missionaries to their own people!

    What a blessing it is that your children have godly parents to teach them the truth and to demonstrate godly living before them.

    Praise God for children who can hear from God and discenr His voice at such an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, fellow mommy blogger. I have sure enjoyed the UBP. This was my first year to participate and I've loved all the blogs I've found. I have a blog at www.superfunmama.blogspot.com; It is a site about learning and other fun activities I do with my tot. I've enjoyed getting to know you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for Blogging "I love to read it!" I am so proud of my little friend, give him a kiss for me and tell him that I am so proud to call him my "NEW" friend and keep up the good work with school. You do a great job with your kid! Love ya'll...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Children are such blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha,

    That was absolutely beautiful. I am so in love with my kids too...and some days they are really hard to like. LOL but I love them to the moon and back. I am in awe that God allowed or should I say chose me to be their mommy. Blows me away. That He trusts me that much. I want to do Him proud.
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful for the blessing of children, too. My almost 2 year old son sounds a lot like your youngest -- so crazy and always up to something, but so loving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May sweet blessings fall all over your dear children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thankful God chose you foor their mom too. That means your my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, I want to say thanks for visiting my blog and for the prays.
    What a beautiful TT post and such a lovely blog.
    Your kids are beautiful too..
    I will be back as well:)
    Annmarie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday a day late, since I'm playing catch up ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Know Before Owning a Golden Retriever:

Our oldest Golden Retriever will be six on April 1st. We got Scarlet when she was just six weeks old and quickly fell in love with her. Within another six weeks, we had our second Golden, Rhett. (Rhett passed away two years ago.) It has been five (almost six) years since we have had adolescent Golden Retrievers in our home. While I have often joked about the “first terrible two years” of a Golden Retriever’s life, I had truly forgotten just how trying a Golden puppy can be - that is until now. Cosmo will be one year old in a matter of weeks, and Rose Bud is six months old. Now all of the reasons we’d joked for so long over how hard it was to survive their puppy hood have come back to me. We’re learning again - the hard way.

With that in mind, I would like to share some tips on owning a Golden. Retriever.

Here are a few things you need to know:

1. You do not own a Golden Retriever. The more accurate description is that they own YOU.
2. Golden Retrievers will chew. If you do not provide the…

MOM

So it's been about 15 months since I blogged here.  Most days instead of in depth thoughts, I prefer to post pictures at www.sivilsandgold.wordpress.com .  It doesn't require as much brain activity.  But I chose to share this here because it was entirely too long to fit in a Facebook post.  (I do have have four kids after all.)

This was a lot of fun.  I interviewed each of my four kids separately so each answer was original and not "borrowed".  I gained some insight into my kids and learned a few things I need to work on.  And for some reason they all agree I'm obsessed with my dog.  What's up with that.

Here goes..  (Connor is 8, Isaac 12, Jaden 14, and Dacey is 16.)

MOM 1. What is something mom always says to you? Connor  – “You love me.” Isaac  – “God made you special and He and I love you very much.  Precious monkeys and all that jazz.” Jaden  – “If you keep doing that, you’re face will stick like that.” Dacey  – “Be who you are and say what you mean.  T…

Boon's Sunday Sermon #6 - Little Black Dog

Today we'd like to share a writing with you by one of our favorite authors: Elisabeth Elliot.  This piece is beautifully written and describes her thoughts on a dog's 'mortality'.  We hope it touches your heart as it has ours. 




Little Black Dog by Elisabeth Elliot
It is a late October morning of glorious sunshine in New Hampshire and I sit in an antique rocking chair by the window of an old house which was once a barn. The gray rocks on Mount Lafayette's broad summit are dusted with snow, and the sky is as blue as a sky can be. All that is still green today is the evergreens. Between them are the black line drawings of the thin leafless maples, wild cherries, aspens and birches. The feathery tamaracks are dark gold. Little yellow apples hang on one of the gnarled old trees of the orchard. I keep hoping a deer will come for them.

My friend Miriam and I drove up yesterday from Boston for a few days of quiet at my brother's place. Both of us brought a load of desk …