Skip to main content

Life as I Know It!

If you've noticed there have been less "aMusings" lately, it's because life has left little time for important things... like blogging!

Last weekend our family joined friends on an overnight camping trip. The trip was fun enough... other than trying to keep up with a very active two year old...but the days that followed left me and hubby more than drained. We were tired and achey for days.

And his week? Well it has had more than its fair share of accidents to keep me on my toes. On Tuesday Isaac opened a door quickly. Connor happened to be on the other side of that door and ended up with a bruised cheek. Wednesday found Dacey knocking Jaden off of his bicycle and running over him with hers! Yes, it was an accident, but he got banged up pretty good. Then on Thursday Dacey was running fever. That was the least of it when hubby had a piece of wood pop out of a fire and into his eye! We headed to the local ER only to turn back after waiting longer than we'd wanted to even get into admissions. After getting home Isaac was knocked off the side walk by a dog causing him a headache and a scratched back! Tonight the kids were playing and it was Dacey's turn. Not to be outdone by her siblings and father she got a little too rough while playing with her brothers, and they got rough back. So guess who ended up with a busted lip? Yep, my darling, little princess.

I took Tommy to an opthomologist today to have his eye checked out. He is due to return to work on Tuesday which will be his first day back since his shoulder surgery in December. (I did tell Tommy that though I had not wanted him to return to work, I had no intentions of him re-injuring himself!) Fortunately the doctor did not think this would keep him from returning to his job. After Tommy's eye was checked out and patched up, we decided to see if I could get in to have my eyes examined as well. It has been eight years (pitiful, right) since my last eye exam. Of course, that means my eyeglasses are eight years old too. I wear them usually just when I'm driving, but I have noticed lately that there is a glare on the tv and things aren't as "clear" as they once were. I was checked out, given a new prescription for eye glasses, and told I'd need to wear them 24/7. Yet another sign that I'm not as young as I use to be!

It has been an exhausting week, but really this is nothing any different than normal for us. I was surprised several weeks ago when I was contacted and asked to be a writer for a health blog, but I guess these kind of things are the reason why I'm the perfect candidate. If we haven't experienced it personally, someone in my family probably has!

God continues to remind me that His grace is sufficient. As I have learned to trust in Him more and more, I have also learned to be content in these kind of situations. Maybe content isn't the right word, but I do not get as anxious as I once did. Because of His continued faithfulness, I know He will see us through!

Hubby returns to work Tuesday.. pending any other accident, of course! LOL Hopefully once that happens things will slow down again, and I will be able to catch up in the world of blog.

Here's a picture of my beat up, motley crew:

Comments

  1. OH girl you crack me up! You have to play catch up on my blog then...I've done 2 others (before the one you saw) that you might have missed...time to back track with everyone for you!

    Glad everyone is ok and there weren't any more serious injuries!

    Love ya sister!

    Glad to see a blog from you! I've missed reading your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is my family... and yes, they get their "graceful-ness" from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sweet blessings upon your family. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds alot like my house...you have some good NMM there. LOL
    Glad that everyone is ok & good to hear that hubby can return to work. I think for now everyone should stay in a bubble...doctors orders:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a week. I pray angels will surround your family. Oh my!

    Next week will be BETTER! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who can ever say you have a "dull" life!
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It sounds like you guys had a rough week. The old saying still proves true, "When it rains, it pours." I hope this week is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness! Your family has had a time. PRaying that this week will be a great one with no incidents! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Know Before Owning a Golden Retriever:

Our oldest Golden Retriever will be six on April 1st. We got Scarlet when she was just six weeks old and quickly fell in love with her. Within another six weeks, we had our second Golden, Rhett. (Rhett passed away two years ago.) It has been five (almost six) years since we have had adolescent Golden Retrievers in our home. While I have often joked about the “first terrible two years” of a Golden Retriever’s life, I had truly forgotten just how trying a Golden puppy can be - that is until now. Cosmo will be one year old in a matter of weeks, and Rose Bud is six months old. Now all of the reasons we’d joked for so long over how hard it was to survive their puppy hood have come back to me. We’re learning again - the hard way.

With that in mind, I would like to share some tips on owning a Golden. Retriever.

Here are a few things you need to know:

1. You do not own a Golden Retriever. The more accurate description is that they own YOU.
2. Golden Retrievers will chew. If you do not provide the…

MOM

So it's been about 15 months since I blogged here.  Most days instead of in depth thoughts, I prefer to post pictures at www.sivilsandgold.wordpress.com .  It doesn't require as much brain activity.  But I chose to share this here because it was entirely too long to fit in a Facebook post.  (I do have have four kids after all.)

This was a lot of fun.  I interviewed each of my four kids separately so each answer was original and not "borrowed".  I gained some insight into my kids and learned a few things I need to work on.  And for some reason they all agree I'm obsessed with my dog.  What's up with that.

Here goes..  (Connor is 8, Isaac 12, Jaden 14, and Dacey is 16.)

MOM 1. What is something mom always says to you? Connor  – “You love me.” Isaac  – “God made you special and He and I love you very much.  Precious monkeys and all that jazz.” Jaden  – “If you keep doing that, you’re face will stick like that.” Dacey  – “Be who you are and say what you mean.  T…

Boon's Sunday Sermon #6 - Little Black Dog

Today we'd like to share a writing with you by one of our favorite authors: Elisabeth Elliot.  This piece is beautifully written and describes her thoughts on a dog's 'mortality'.  We hope it touches your heart as it has ours. 




Little Black Dog by Elisabeth Elliot
It is a late October morning of glorious sunshine in New Hampshire and I sit in an antique rocking chair by the window of an old house which was once a barn. The gray rocks on Mount Lafayette's broad summit are dusted with snow, and the sky is as blue as a sky can be. All that is still green today is the evergreens. Between them are the black line drawings of the thin leafless maples, wild cherries, aspens and birches. The feathery tamaracks are dark gold. Little yellow apples hang on one of the gnarled old trees of the orchard. I keep hoping a deer will come for them.

My friend Miriam and I drove up yesterday from Boston for a few days of quiet at my brother's place. Both of us brought a load of desk …