Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Grand Day and Grand Bloggers

It can be said that I have had my drivers license over half my life, and that I have also been sixteen for the second time now. (It's amazing how quickly the past sixteen years have passed as it really doesn't seem that long ago.)

By now you've probably guessed but in case you haven't, yesterday was my thirty-second birthday.

It was a wonderful day. I was awaken early by my children with pictures they had colored for me to welcome my special day. Hubby took Jaden and Isaac to their speech session and when they returned they brought me brightly colored stickers that read, "Happy Birthday!" That was such a grand gesture as they gave up getting stickers for themselves as their reward for doing well to ask for birthday stickers for me! I wore them proudly all day.

While I was at my mom's office helping her out, my "precious" friend, Sidney, stopped by to bring me a cake she had baked along with a Precious Moments Christmas book. It was a wonderful surprise!






After we finished up at my mom's office, she and I met Tommy and the kids at her house to celebrate my day. Momma made me her world famous "Mary Burgers". They were delicious! Then it was time to open my gifts.

Hubby and the kids have complained recently that they are never allowed to go shopping without me to choose special gifts for me. So I gladly sent them on their way while I was at my mom's office. I was so delighted by their choices. Dacey and Jaden put their money in together and bought me a beautiful locket that has a rose and "MOM" engraved on it. I was surprised by my reaction... it brought me to tears. Isaac and Connor leaned towards the more whimsical side and chose a smores/hot chocolate set for me complete with snowman mugs. They know how their mommy loves her hot chocolate!! My mom got me a Mickey Mouse jacket, a beautiful purple shirt, a incense burner, and a Precious Moments Cinderella holding a toy Mickey Mouse figurine. Since I have been able to go to Disney World and the Precious Moments Cathedral this past year, it was the perfect gift to commemorate both. Tommy surprised me with a beautiful cross with John 3:16 printed on it and the most wonderful smelling candle I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. The scent is called "love spell" and it certainly put me under a spell... man, is it a heavenly aroma!






My day was finished off with the wonderful red velvet cake with cream cheese icing that Sidney had baked for us. It was out of this world good! Sidney is such a special friend, and I am so thankful for her!

So this morning when I found that Alicia at Confessions of a Snowflake had given me my first blog award, it felt like an extra birthday surprise. Thank you, Alicia! I have enjoyed reading your blog so much. It is an encouragement and an inspiration! May God bless you richly, my friend!

God has been so good to me. Each year that has gone by I've appreciated Him and all that He has blessed me with more and more. He has given me a loving family who I love and adore and who love and adore me right back. He has provided me with friends who care about me and are there to laugh with me and cry with me. He has allowed me to be part of a church family where my children are thriving and we are all learning to be more like Him. Life hasn't always been easy, but through everything God has proved to me that He will never leave me or forsake me. He loves me with an unconditional love and accepts me just as I am.

I am so blessed.






******************************************************************************





Alicia, again I want to say thank you! You've really touched my heart today. Folks, if you want to read a transparent, uplifting, and encouraging blog, check out Alicia's Confessions of a Snowflake. You'll be blessed!

This award represents this:"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find, and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."

And now I am supposed to pass it on to 8 bloggers!

I choose:

9 comments:

  1. It was both an honor and a blessing to be a part of your birthday! I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God works in amazing ways! I didn't even know yesterday was your birthday.

    So....

    Happy Birthday!

    The pictures are adorable! My hubby complains that he never gets any time alone to go shopping for me either. Oh well, such is life!

    Take care my friend!
    Have a great birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know it was your birthday either! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I'm glad your family treated you in as special way as you are. Those children will ALWAYS remember being able to purchase their wonderful mom a gift.
    THANK YOU for the blog award:) I pass the glory on to God, the one who keeps showing me HIM in my days. I do love the way He speaks!
    Keep up the good blogging yourself my precious friend. God's blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha, Thank you so much for the Friends Award! I really appreciate it and I value each new bloggy friend that I have made...maybe one day...this side of heaven we will meet, if not, oh what a reunion/meeting that will be:-)

    Happy Birthday...yesterday~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, don't I feel *Special* :) Thank you so much! You do know I'll have to tag you back...b/c each and EVERY blog inspires and blesses me...I'll be sure to get this done as soon as I get home!

    It snowed last night! Its soooooooooooooo beautiful!

    Love you friend!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I want to say "Happy Birthday!"! It sounds as if you had a wonderful day of surprises...I also want to say "Thank you for the wonderful prayer and please continue to pray for me and my family.." But most of all I want to Thank you for being a great christian friend! I am humble by the friendship award! May God continue to bless you always!

    In His Grace,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday... a day late. It sounds like you had a very wonderful day. A special day for a special person!!
    Love, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful birthday! WHat a blessing!!

    Thank you for the friendship award!!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!