Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Funnies - Christmas Edition

I have not participated in Friday Funnies at Homesteader's Heart before. I had given it a lot of thought earlier this week as I do not need to look any further than my own home for a laugh to share. I thought this would be a great way to reflect on the humor in my family. So this being a Christmas edition funny - here's a story from years gone by.
If you know our family or have followed my blogs at 360 in years past, you are probably accustomed to my term "Dacey-isms". My poor daughter can misunderstand something once and that is the way she says it from that point on. Like when she sang, "home, home on the range... where cell phone is heard..." is just one example. One of my favorite Dacey-isms occurred a couple of Christmases ago when she heard the old Ray Steven's song, "Santa Claus is Watching You." We were in the middle of Wal-Mart when she decided to spread a little yuletide cheer. She broke into the chorus but instead of singing, "he's everywhere, he's everwhere!" she somewhat loudly proclaimed, "HIS UNDERWEAR, HIS UNDERWEAR." Everyone that overheard broke into laughter. It's a fun memory.
In case you've never heard the original song, I'm providing the video below:

9 comments:

  1. I can totally see how she would make that mistake lol. I like her version better!! Ha! Ha!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..how cute!! My kids have done that many times w/ words from a song!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this was just precious!!

    Hope you're having a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter sounds like my daughter, except mine will do it on purpose.

    Thank you for visiting. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT'S MY GIRL! She calls it like she "hears it"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny, and I love the Christmas card at the top. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that Dacey Lou! She's a hoot!! Got my card today! YAY!!!! Thanks so much for making me laugh today!

    Love you friend!

    **coincidentally the word I have to type below to post my comment is undermen! LOL!**

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know that song ;) Too cute! Gotta love Ray Stephens. He'll always put a smile on your face!

    Take care my friend!
    I hope you have a great weekend celebrating the Season with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I know that song ;) Too cute! Gotta love Ray Stephens. He'll always put a smile on your face!

    Take care my friend!
    I hope you have a great weekend celebrating the Season with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!