Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Thankful Heart

From Homeschool Memoirs: This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November.
Also, share a Scripture verse for this week!




There is a Veggie Tales song that says, "a thankful heart is a happy heart." It's so true. Regardless of what you have or don't have, if you are really thankful for the things you have been blessed with you will have a happy heart.




Sometimes I feel as though my heart is overflowing with gratefulness. God has been so good to me.




Here are just a very few things that HE has given me for which I am so very thankful:



1. Salvation..... I have three sons and can't imagine sacrificing any of them for anyone let alone mankind who so often spits in His face. Yet God did. Thank you, Father!



2. Jesus... Thank you for loving me enough to go to the cross for me.



3. The Holy Spirit - my comfort and my friend



4. My husband - my best friend, my soul mate, and the half that makes me whole.



5. My daughter, Dacey - you have the biggest heart of anyone I know. I'm so proud of you!



6. My son, Jaden - you can always make me smile. You'll never know how thankful I am for you.



7. My son, Isaac - you give the best hugs! I love your caring personality and how you try to help everyone.



8. My son, Connor - you've brought me such joy! I am so thankful God sent you to us.



9. My parents - for better or worse you've seen me through almost 32 years and I'm thankful for you!



10. Our pets - I am thankful for the companionship and comfort they give.



11. Our church - I am thankful for being in a church where my whole family is taught the Word and how to apply it in our lives. Our pastors and our church family, we love you!



12. Our house - yes, I often complain about the old, drafty thing, but I am thankful that we have shelter and a place that is "home".



13. Tommy's job - they have been good to us through the years and I'm appreciative for that.



14. MY FRIENDS - they have seen me through so much and loved me through it all! I love them like family!



15. My van - it's paid for... HALLELUJAH!



16. Music and my family's love for it - It has brought me such joy in recent months to watch my children begin to have a sincere appreciating and love for music. Watch out, Jo Bros! The Siv Kids are hot on your trail!!



17. Blogs - I love writing and sharing, and I love reading from other peoples hearts. It's therapeutic!



18. The USA - she is still my home and I am still proud of her!



19. A CHRISTIAN heritage that was passed on to me that I can pass on to generations to come!



20. Chocolate - what more needs to be said?



21. Nature - I love flowers, the colors of the rainbow and the sky. I am thankful that God shared His masterful artists skills with us!



22. Children's laughter - it has gotten me through many days!



23. Girls night out! I enjoy spending time with Dacey and am thankful for a husband that allows me to go and entertains the boys while we're away.



24. My children's friends - I am blessed by the kids God has put in our children's lives! They all share a strong love for Christ and are growing together in that.



25. CHRISTmas!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTmas!!!



26. Our pet therapy ministry - I am so thankful that God has enabled us to share on the level we are able to while being blessed so much ourselves!



27. HIDDEN MICKEY'S !!! You'll have to check out my daughter's blog to understand that one better: SouthernJewel4Jesus.



You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:11-12

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great list of THANKSgiving!

    We ALL truly have so much to be thankful for...

    I am reminded of the hymn --Count your blessings name them one by one...and SEE what GREAT things the Lord hath done...

    and when you start thinking on thanking what else can you do? Complaining certainly doesn't fit in with it... and the more you thank Him the more you realize you have to be thankful for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for all that He has provided! :D

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Blogging is very therapeutic. Enjoyed reading your list. Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!