Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mission Minded





One day last week as my ten year old daughter was doing her schoolwork, she told me that she felt God was calling her to be a missionary. I was excited to hear this and questioned her as to what led her to believe that. "Momma," she began, "when we go different places and I see people from different countries and hear them speak in their languages, it really pulls on my heart. I think I'm suppose to go into those countries that aren't allowed to praise God and tell them about Him." Later in the week I made a comment in passing about "one day when Dacey is President...", she was quick to correct me and said, "I'd like to be president, but I think God is leading me somewhere else." At that point my mouth fell open. Hearing her say this with such enthusiasm, passion, and conviction leads me to believe that God may very well be calling Dacey into the ministry. Even now in the things she is learning and doing, I can see where she is being prepared for what she may do later in life.


As I thought about what she said, I began thinking of how badly people in our country need the Lord right now. The state of our nation has declined to the point that we need to be ministering to the people right here as much as we need to be sending missionaries into foreign lands... if not even more. We need to be showing people Jesus and not just with our words, but also in our deeds.



During the past week my children have asked me a lot of questions as they have seen and heard things from friends and in the news. One of the questions was regarding the end of time. I told them that for Christians when Christ returns, it will be very exciting for us, but for people who do not believe it will be very hard for them. We need to be sharing Jesus in our every breath. I believe that Jesus will be returning to rapture His bride very soon and I want to see as many people as possible go with us when He comes. As I told my children, the last thing Jesus commanded we do before He ascended into Heaven was to preach the gospel before his return. We need to be busy telling people that JESUS LOVES THEM and so do we!



My mission minded daughter has taken my words to heart. Her latest blog ended with those words, "God loves you and so do I." She has also asked if we can make a "billboard" to put in front of our house stating "Jesus Loves You." While I'm not sure how to achieve her idea of a billboard in our exceptionally small front yard, we have decided to place a cross on the front of our house.




So today on this thankful Thursday: I am thankful for God opening my daughter's heart to missions and for her truly having a heart that desires to serve. I am thankful to live in a country where we are free to worship as we choose. And I am thankful that as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!





Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28: 19, 20










8 comments:

  1. What a blessing to hear how she has a burden for the lost and wants to be a missionary. That is awesome! :D There will always be a need for missionaries here and in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her burden for the lost may very well be for the many in this country who have rejected God and chosen to strip this country of every remembrance of Him.

    I know that with her tender heart, she will hear and follow God's leading in the right direction.

    It doesn't surprise me that she would desire to reach out to others since you have had all your children in outreach ministry since they were born. They have been taught the importance of showing love and respect to others at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What an amazing little girl! She is an inspiration. And yes, we do need to be praying for the people of this land. May God hear our cries and heal our land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing blessing, Sam!

    PRAISE GOD!

    He is alive and well and working in our lives and the lives of those that are following after us...

    Seth said to me last night "Obama said God bless America, Mom. Maybe he's turning" (meaning of course turning to the LORD) and you know that is faith...instead of hearing the bad or negative or thinking that way he heard the GOOD words coming from his mouth and you know the msg at church last night was HONOR the man GOD has appointed -- 1 Sam 9, Rom 13:1, 1 Tim 2, Titus 3 --all these scriptures and more say that GOD appoints Kings, and we are to HONOR them and remember that GOD IS in control!!

    Praise God for the kids we are raising -- And a little child shall lead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful daughter you have. She is truly an inspiration and I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beyond precious, may God sweetly bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's amazing! Thanks for sharing this lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful testimony. We certainly need more missionaries, in the USA and throughout the world. Blessings from the mission field of Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!