Skip to main content

CHRISTmas Edition of Getting to Know Me


Yes, it's a bit early still, but if you know me, you know how much I LOVE CHRISTmas!! As a matter of fact my Dear God ornament for this year says, "Dear God, I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS!" My anniversary is tomorrow and then will come Thanksgiving, my birthday, Jaden's birthday, Jesus's birthday, and finish up with Tommy's birthday two days after Christmas! So this is a very busy, exciting, fun and happy time of year at my house. Or as I like to sing, "Tis the season to be broke...fa la la la la..."

I just can't wait until CHRISTmas!


1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper. What's the fun of pulling something out of a bag for a kid? Each of our children have their own wrapping paper so they can quickly spot each of their gifts under the tree. I'm sure this year all the wrapping paper will be Disney themed.


2.Real tree or Artificial?

I prefer real, but until the kids are bit older I'll stick with artificial!

3.When do you put up the tree?

the day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down?

New Year's Day

5. Do you like eggnog?

Nope

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Cabbage Patch Kid

7. Hardest person to buy for?
this year it is Dacey... she has announced that she is too old for toys, but is still too young for make-up and clothes... I have no idea what I'm going to get her!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Isaac... he'll just take one of everything, thank you very much!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, it is rather small, but I bought it one of the first Christmas's after Tommy and I were married and I still put it up every year.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail...I LOVE CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
hmmm, I'll have to think on that one!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Oh goodness, I love Christmas movies, but my all time favorites are It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street (the newer one).
I love watching the 25 days of Christmas on Fox Family every year and of course the Christmas movies on Hallmark!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Over the summer... when you have as many kids as I do and all of their birthdays fall in the three months before Christmas, you have to plan ahead!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cherry Pie Salad and Pecan Pie

16. Lights on the tree?
LOTS of bright, multi-colored lights

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night as sung by Martina McBride and Sometimes Christmas Makes Me Cry by Mandisa and Matthew West... both songs move me to tears every time I hear them!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
it is my preference to be at home... of course we always enjoy eating lunch at Momma's

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Well yeah! I have four small kids... it's a job requirement!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star... although Dacey really wants me to buy a Tinkerbell tree topper this year... don't think that's going to happen.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve at Nana's then at home on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
people who aren't celebrating for the right reason and don't really have the CHRISTmas spirit

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
our ornaments are very eclectic. each year we each get a new one. this year we've each gotten two new ones... a disney one and a "dear god" one... we have everything from tonka trucks to m&m's to golden retrievers to crosses on our tree and I LOVE IT!!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey and dressing, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, deviled eggs, rolls

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Tommy to be recovered from his Christmas Eve-Eve surgery with good results!

***UPDATE:I had so much fun doing this that I quizzed the kids separately with the same questions. None of them read mine or each others answers until after they had done their own. The results were a lot of fun! You can check them out at their blogsites: Southern Jewel, Bibleman, Sharkbait.***

Comments

  1. I love you and thank you for choosing the star too. I didn't know I wanted a Tinkerbell topper but that would be pretty cool.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so much like my Momma,your Nannie, in that you have worked so hard to start traditions in your family that continue from year to year. You have created so many good memories for your babies that will live on with them forever. Your Momma is very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers, I love CHRISTmas too:)

    God bless you and your family,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It is so interesting to see how different families celebrate CHRISTmas!

    May you enjoy the next month and half with all of its special days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading this one! :D I'm hoping dh will pull out some CHRISTmas decorations out this year as we will be gone the majority of December. I'm so excited about CHRISTmas although not looking forward to the drive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Know Before Owning a Golden Retriever:

Our oldest Golden Retriever will be six on April 1st. We got Scarlet when she was just six weeks old and quickly fell in love with her. Within another six weeks, we had our second Golden, Rhett. (Rhett passed away two years ago.) It has been five (almost six) years since we have had adolescent Golden Retrievers in our home. While I have often joked about the “first terrible two years” of a Golden Retriever’s life, I had truly forgotten just how trying a Golden puppy can be - that is until now. Cosmo will be one year old in a matter of weeks, and Rose Bud is six months old. Now all of the reasons we’d joked for so long over how hard it was to survive their puppy hood have come back to me. We’re learning again - the hard way.

With that in mind, I would like to share some tips on owning a Golden. Retriever.

Here are a few things you need to know:

1. You do not own a Golden Retriever. The more accurate description is that they own YOU.
2. Golden Retrievers will chew. If you do not provide the…

MOM

So it's been about 15 months since I blogged here.  Most days instead of in depth thoughts, I prefer to post pictures at www.sivilsandgold.wordpress.com .  It doesn't require as much brain activity.  But I chose to share this here because it was entirely too long to fit in a Facebook post.  (I do have have four kids after all.)

This was a lot of fun.  I interviewed each of my four kids separately so each answer was original and not "borrowed".  I gained some insight into my kids and learned a few things I need to work on.  And for some reason they all agree I'm obsessed with my dog.  What's up with that.

Here goes..  (Connor is 8, Isaac 12, Jaden 14, and Dacey is 16.)

MOM 1. What is something mom always says to you? Connor  – “You love me.” Isaac  – “God made you special and He and I love you very much.  Precious monkeys and all that jazz.” Jaden  – “If you keep doing that, you’re face will stick like that.” Dacey  – “Be who you are and say what you mean.  T…

Boon's Sunday Sermon #6 - Little Black Dog

Today we'd like to share a writing with you by one of our favorite authors: Elisabeth Elliot.  This piece is beautifully written and describes her thoughts on a dog's 'mortality'.  We hope it touches your heart as it has ours. 




Little Black Dog by Elisabeth Elliot
It is a late October morning of glorious sunshine in New Hampshire and I sit in an antique rocking chair by the window of an old house which was once a barn. The gray rocks on Mount Lafayette's broad summit are dusted with snow, and the sky is as blue as a sky can be. All that is still green today is the evergreens. Between them are the black line drawings of the thin leafless maples, wild cherries, aspens and birches. The feathery tamaracks are dark gold. Little yellow apples hang on one of the gnarled old trees of the orchard. I keep hoping a deer will come for them.

My friend Miriam and I drove up yesterday from Boston for a few days of quiet at my brother's place. Both of us brought a load of desk …