My family and I had the opportunity to visit Walt Disney World this past Spring. For a lifetime I had wished to go to this magical land where happiness abounds and joy is promised. From the time each of my children were born, I promised them, "one day we'll take you there." My husband and I finally held true to that promise. I remember pulling into Lake Buena Vista that April day. Tears filled my eyes long before I ever caught a glimpse of Cinderella's castle or had even seen the Big Cheese himself. I had looked forward to this day for so long that I'd thought it may never come. But finally it had, and I was not disappointed. Disney World was everything I'd ever dreamed it would be and so much more. Already I am making plans for our family to go back!
While visiting Walt Disney World was a wonderful vacation and has etched so many memories in my heart to carry me through this life, I also dream of another place I will go one day that far exceeds any dream that even Walt Disney could make come true. I will not be going there to visit but to live throughout eternity. The streets will not be cobblestone but rather made of gold. Cinderella's castle will not be the main attraction but rather God's holy throne. Mickey Mouse will not greet me, but rather Jesus, my Lord, my Savior and my King will welcome me with open arms and say, "Well done my good and faithful servant." We won't sit and watch parades entertaining us, rather we will join in the parade of Heaven offering worship to our Lord forever.
Heaven has so many more perks than Disney. Here are a few:
- No sickness in Heaven. - Day one at Disney World was spent with a sick baby. Connor had a fever of 104.7. We were able to bring it down after our doctor recommended doubling the amount of tylenol and ibuprofen we were giving him, but I look forward to the day when these frail, ole bodies of ours will get sick no more!
- Heaven is climate controlled! - No melt downs caused by extreme heat in Heaven. Not so at Disney World! We carried misters around everywhere we went so that when we became over heated we could quickly cool off.
- No tears in Heaven. - We saw many families upset and many children in the throws of a tantrum due to disappointment and/or fatigue. Heaven will not have temper tantrums, disappointment, or fatigue. Hallelujah!!
- No lines in Heaven. - The table will be big enough for us all and because there is no "time" in Heaven, no one will ever have to wait in line.
- You never have to leave Heaven. - Our last day at Disney found me on the brink of tears more than once. I'd not seen and done everything I'd hoped to and didn't want to leave to go home... back to the "real" world with all of our problems waiting to greet me as soon as we got home. Heaven is for eternity. We'll have more than enough time to see and do it all without the knowledge that it will come to an end and then it's back to the grinding wheel.
- And best of all, Heaven has already been paid for. - It won't take thousands of dollars out of our pockets to get to Heaven because Heaven has already been paid for with the blood of Jesus Christ. It is a free gift to everyone who believes that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died and rose again as payment for our sins!
We have other vacations planned. We plan to go to Atlanta, Georgia for a few days next spring. Then the following year we will hopefully return to Walt Disney World. But if Jesus comes before then and raptures us to Heaven, what a glorious day that will be!! The vacation that lasts throughout all eternity!
Free Disney Tickers /li>/li>/li>