Skip to main content

The Best Vacation Ever!

For my whole life I have heard Disney World described as "The Happiest Place on Earth." Indeed, it just very well may be.

My family and I had the opportunity to visit Walt Disney World this past Spring. For a lifetime I had wished to go to this magical land where happiness abounds and joy is promised. From the time each of my children were born, I promised them, "one day we'll take you there." My husband and I finally held true to that promise. I remember pulling into Lake Buena Vista that April day. Tears filled my eyes long before I ever caught a glimpse of Cinderella's castle or had even seen the Big Cheese himself. I had looked forward to this day for so long that I'd thought it may never come. But finally it had, and I was not disappointed. Disney World was everything I'd ever dreamed it would be and so much more. Already I am making plans for our family to go back!

While visiting Walt Disney World was a wonderful vacation and has etched so many memories in my heart to carry me through this life, I also dream of another place I will go one day that far exceeds any dream that even Walt Disney could make come true. I will not be going there to visit but to live throughout eternity. The streets will not be cobblestone but rather made of gold. Cinderella's castle will not be the main attraction but rather God's holy throne. Mickey Mouse will not greet me, but rather Jesus, my Lord, my Savior and my King will welcome me with open arms and say, "Well done my good and faithful servant." We won't sit and watch parades entertaining us, rather we will join in the parade of Heaven offering worship to our Lord forever.


Heaven has so many more perks than Disney. Here are a few:
  • No sickness in Heaven. - Day one at Disney World was spent with a sick baby. Connor had a fever of 104.7. We were able to bring it down after our doctor recommended doubling the amount of tylenol and ibuprofen we were giving him, but I look forward to the day when these frail, ole bodies of ours will get sick no more!
  • Heaven is climate controlled! - No melt downs caused by extreme heat in Heaven. Not so at Disney World! We carried misters around everywhere we went so that when we became over heated we could quickly cool off.
  • No tears in Heaven. - We saw many families upset and many children in the throws of a tantrum due to disappointment and/or fatigue. Heaven will not have temper tantrums, disappointment, or fatigue. Hallelujah!!
  • No lines in Heaven. - The table will be big enough for us all and because there is no "time" in Heaven, no one will ever have to wait in line.
  • You never have to leave Heaven. - Our last day at Disney found me on the brink of tears more than once. I'd not seen and done everything I'd hoped to and didn't want to leave to go home... back to the "real" world with all of our problems waiting to greet me as soon as we got home. Heaven is for eternity. We'll have more than enough time to see and do it all without the knowledge that it will come to an end and then it's back to the grinding wheel.
  • And best of all, Heaven has already been paid for. - It won't take thousands of dollars out of our pockets to get to Heaven because Heaven has already been paid for with the blood of Jesus Christ. It is a free gift to everyone who believes that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died and rose again as payment for our sins!

    We have other vacations planned. We plan to go to Atlanta, Georgia for a few days next spring. Then the following year we will hopefully return to Walt Disney World. But if Jesus comes before then and raptures us to Heaven, what a glorious day that will be!! The vacation that lasts throughout all eternity!

    magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers

Comments

  1. What a blessing it is to know that we will all be together in that place that Jesus has gone to prepare for us. We lost a dear Christian brother to cancer this past weekend and I can envision him now as one of the first we see when we arrive in Heaven.

    I hope to see Disney World with my family one day... just to be a part of their happiness and enjoyment.

    Awesome blog! You make it all so real, I can picture it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've always said we'd go when the kids got old enough. When the kids got old enough they didn't want to go. I guess I'll never get to go. I did send Jennifer and Ryan when he was small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you put this...so eloquent...

    Heaven is full and fulfilling...the thought that **I** could go to Heaven and that it is a FREE gift is so overwhelming...I was just reading yesterday the scripture where they will be NO MORE pain, tears, or sorrows there! OH GLORIOUS DAY!!! Oh what a day that will be --to spend eternity at the feet of the ONE who died for me...singing His praises and in key I might add! :) Thank you for this reminder and for making me take a moment and ponder all the joy that awaits me there! BECAUSE OF HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Disney World is good (I have no desire to go back), but as you said HEAVEN WILL BE EVEN GREATER (and I DO have a great desire to go!):)
    I'm glad you were able to go and share in the fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God that heaven is a wonderful place - filled with glory and grace. I want to see my Savior's face, 'cuz heaven is a wonderful place. Sorry, I have that song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks so much for this post. How true, how wonderful, how glorious... to know that what's coming is better than anything we could imagine... The song "Indescribable" is in my head... :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Things to Know Before Owning a Golden Retriever:

Our oldest Golden Retriever will be six on April 1st. We got Scarlet when she was just six weeks old and quickly fell in love with her. Within another six weeks, we had our second Golden, Rhett. (Rhett passed away two years ago.) It has been five (almost six) years since we have had adolescent Golden Retrievers in our home. While I have often joked about the “first terrible two years” of a Golden Retriever’s life, I had truly forgotten just how trying a Golden puppy can be - that is until now. Cosmo will be one year old in a matter of weeks, and Rose Bud is six months old. Now all of the reasons we’d joked for so long over how hard it was to survive their puppy hood have come back to me. We’re learning again - the hard way.

With that in mind, I would like to share some tips on owning a Golden. Retriever.

Here are a few things you need to know:

1. You do not own a Golden Retriever. The more accurate description is that they own YOU.
2. Golden Retrievers will chew. If you do not provide the…

MOM

So it's been about 15 months since I blogged here.  Most days instead of in depth thoughts, I prefer to post pictures at www.sivilsandgold.wordpress.com .  It doesn't require as much brain activity.  But I chose to share this here because it was entirely too long to fit in a Facebook post.  (I do have have four kids after all.)

This was a lot of fun.  I interviewed each of my four kids separately so each answer was original and not "borrowed".  I gained some insight into my kids and learned a few things I need to work on.  And for some reason they all agree I'm obsessed with my dog.  What's up with that.

Here goes..  (Connor is 8, Isaac 12, Jaden 14, and Dacey is 16.)

MOM 1. What is something mom always says to you? Connor  – “You love me.” Isaac  – “God made you special and He and I love you very much.  Precious monkeys and all that jazz.” Jaden  – “If you keep doing that, you’re face will stick like that.” Dacey  – “Be who you are and say what you mean.  T…

Boon's Sunday Sermon #6 - Little Black Dog

Today we'd like to share a writing with you by one of our favorite authors: Elisabeth Elliot.  This piece is beautifully written and describes her thoughts on a dog's 'mortality'.  We hope it touches your heart as it has ours. 




Little Black Dog by Elisabeth Elliot
It is a late October morning of glorious sunshine in New Hampshire and I sit in an antique rocking chair by the window of an old house which was once a barn. The gray rocks on Mount Lafayette's broad summit are dusted with snow, and the sky is as blue as a sky can be. All that is still green today is the evergreens. Between them are the black line drawings of the thin leafless maples, wild cherries, aspens and birches. The feathery tamaracks are dark gold. Little yellow apples hang on one of the gnarled old trees of the orchard. I keep hoping a deer will come for them.

My friend Miriam and I drove up yesterday from Boston for a few days of quiet at my brother's place. Both of us brought a load of desk …