Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sweet Peace



You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3


Over the past twenty-four hours during flooding, tornado sirens, and power outages, I have more than once had to reassure my children that regardless of how things seemed outside that God was still in control!
As warnings of Gustav began a week ago, we started making preparations in expectation that we could once again lose power and water for a week or more. However, never did we panic because we know in whom we have believed and HE IS FAITHFUL! He is the same one who speaks to the wind and waters and they obey.... our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
We are very blessed that we have been kept safe from most of the storm. We have only lost electricity three times for about five minutes at a time. We have a lot of debris surrounding our home, but there was no damage to our house. There is flooding in our community, but we are together in our home and dry!
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1,2



3 comments:

  1. We are dealing with the flooding here, too. I am glad your family is safe! I hope you stay dry in your house! Thanks for sharing the scriptures! :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! It is good to see you back to blogging again:-D

    ~*~ Amy from 360~*~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!