Sunday, September 7, 2008

HIGHLY DESIRED, SON OF OUR PRAISE!




Even after we'd already had three children, Tommy and I still did not feel like our family was complete.

In the Spring of 2004 we were thrilled to find out we were expecting again. I had made it past the six week mark where I'd miscarried the rest of the children we'd lost. So we knew that we were on our way to having a baby. But in my fourth month I started spotting. A trip to the emergency room confirmed my fears.... I was losing our Layna Grace. A blood clot had formed behind the placenta and two days after the first ER visit, the blood clot burst. Layna was in her master's arms, and we were left to grieve.

Another two years passed by... I'd had another "possible, unconfirmed" miscarriage, but I still desperately wanted another baby. Almost two years to the day after we'd found out we were pregnant with Layna, we learned we were indeed expecting again.

The decision was made we would share the news with our children. Though they were all still young (3, 5, and 7) we wanted everyday of this child's life to be celebrated. We also wanted them to understand what was happening if mommy had to make any unexpected trips to the hospital.

Then almost two years to the day that I'd miscarried our Layna Grace, I ended up back in the hospital. A sonogram showed that another blood clot had formed behind the placenta. I told everyone, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." I believed with my whole heart that God had ordained this pregnancy and that I would carry this child to term.

The doctors sent me home that night advising me that I would be on bed rest for several months. "It will take weeks before the blood clot will begin enlarging or shrinking. We won't know anything for a while," I was told. I came home with appointments for weekly sonograms for the next several weeks.

The following Thursday I returned for my sonogram. The doctors were baffled. "The blood clot is gone!" they announced. The doctors were quick to give God the glory. "Do you know that blood clots do not disappear in a weeks time? Only God could have done this!!" I believe that is pretty close to an exact quote.

Connor Judson is literally translated "highly desired, son of our praise." Tomorrow is his second birthday.

Connor has brought me so much joy. I am so thankful that God let us have him. He truly has completed our family and in the process has earned the nick-name "wild man"! LOL He keeps me on my toes - to say the least! I praise God daily for my miracle baby. He really is my highly desired son of praise.


4 comments:

  1. Our youngest grandson is definitely the "icing on our cake" as far as our grandkids go.

    He is our little "whirlwind"... a "streak of lightning"... with limitless energy who seldom tires.
    He has brought such joy to our lives.

    Knowing that God healed the bloodclot and saved His life only makes my faith that much stronger. All glory to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! I will have to share my story about Noah with you one day! At the age of 41 with a 3 year old is still unbelievable to me... My Noah is also a gift from God! Your little boy is sooooo, CUTE! Thank God for small blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cutie for sure. I've noticed his expression in many pictures and find them amusing! Conner seems to always be looking at the others as if "what can I do now" kind of look :) His dark eyes and curly hair remind me so much of my brothers son when he was small.
    Prime example of God taking care of us before we are even born. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNER!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!