Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Lord's Lullabye


The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

A few nights ago after having lulled Connor to sleep I was flipping through my Bible when I came across this verse. It has long been a favorite of mine, but I guess because of this season in my life it had new meaning to me.

As I read it I pictured myself a baby in God's arms. He rocked me back and forth gently patting my back to quiet me. As He did this He sang a lullaby to sooth my soul. He says, "Child, you are mine! I have called you by name." (See Isaiah 43:1.)

How great is the love of God for us. He is ready every moment of each day to let us climb up on His lap to be comforted by His love. He is truly my Abba Father.


As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...
Isaiah 66:13

From Mama's Musing archives. Originally published 10-06.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you were here!